Effective Date: November 17, 2012
This Policy describes how we treat personal information both online and offline. This includes on our websites. It also includes in phone or email interactions you have with us.
We collect information from and about you.
- Contact information. For example, we might collect your name and street address. We might also collect your phone number or email address.
- Payment and billing information. For example, we collect your credit card number and zip code when you buy one of our products.
- Information you submit or post. If you post content, apply for a job, or respond to a survey, we will collect the information you provide to us.
- Demographic information. We may collect information about our services you like or products you buy. We might collect this as part of a survey, for example.
- Other information. If you use our website, we may collect information about your computer location or the browser you’re using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
We collect information in different ways.
- We collect information directly from you. For example, if you register for a promotion or apply for a job. We also collect information if you post a comment or make a request.
- We collect information from you passively. We use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies and web beacons. To control these tools, click here.
- We get information about you from third parties. For example, if you use one of the integrated Facebook features on our websites, Facebook will give us certain information about you.
We use information as disclosed and described here.
- We use information to respond to your requests or questions. For example, we might use your information to confirm your registration for a program or contest, or fulfill prizes or premiums in a promotion. We may use your friend’s email address if you send them features on our site.
- We use information to improve our products and services. We might use your information to customize your experience with us.
- We use information to look at site trends and customer interests. We may use your information to make our website and products better. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties.
- We use information for security purposes. We may use information to protect our company, our customers, or our websites. For example, in the event of a breach, we may use your contact information to contact you about that incident.
- We use information for marketing purposes. For example, we might send you information about special promotions or offers. We might also tell you about new features or products. These might be our own offers or products, or third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting. To learn about your choices for these communications, read the choices section below.
- We use information to send you transactional communications. For example, we might send you emails about a purchase you made with us. We might also contact you about this policy or our website terms.
- We use information as otherwise permitted by law.
We may share information with third parties.
- We may share information within Yum! Brands, Inc. and with our franchisees. This includes KFC Corporation, Taco Bell Corp., Pizza Hut, Inc., and Yum Restaurants International, Inc. On the franchisee side, this may include the KFC National Council and Advertising Cooperative, Inc. The Council is an advertising cooperative made up of KFC Corporation and our franchisees. We may also share information with future subsidiaries or affiliates.
- We may share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with vendors who help us manage our online registration process or who fulfill your purchases. Some vendors may be located outside of the United States.
- We may share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. Or, we might also share information when we are investigating potential fraud. This might include fraud we think has happened during a sweepstakes or promotion.
- We may share information with any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business is sold we may give our customer list as part of that transaction.
- We may share information with our business partners. For example, if we are working with a third party and running a joint promotion.
- We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you.
You have certain choices about how we use your information.
- You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, send a request to email@example.com or follow the instructions in any promotional message you get from us. It may take about ten (10) days to process your request. Don’t worry! Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still be sure to send you transactional messages. For example, we may still contact you about your orders.
These sites are not intended for children.
Our sites are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 without permission from a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, you can email us here. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.”
Parents, you can also learn more about how to protect children's privacy online here.
We may link to third party sites or services we don’t control.
Feel free to contact us if you have more questions.
f you have any questions about this Policy or other privacy concerns, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not include your credit card number or other sensitive information in your email. You can also write us at:
1441 Gardiner Lane
Louisville, Kentucky 40213
What we will do if there is an update to this policy.
From time to time we may change our privacy practices. We will notify you of any material changes to this policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our website. Please check our site periodically for updates.
We use common tracking technologies.
We and our vendors use several common tracking tools. These may include browser cookies. We may also use web beacons and similar technologies. We use these tools:
- To track new and recognize past customers.
- To store your password if you are registered on our sites.
- To improve our website.
- To provide you with advertising content in which we think you will be interested. To do so, we may observe your behaviors on this website and other websites. We may also collect information about your browsing history.
- To better understand the interests of our customers and our website visitors.
You can control tracking tools.
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. To control flash cookies, which we may use on certain websites from time to time, you can go here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
If you block cookies on your browser, certain features on our sites may not work.
Some ads may be served based on tracking.
We may work with online advertising companies to show you relevant and useful ads. This may include ads served on our own websites. This may also include our ads served on other companies’ sites. These ads may be based on information collected by us or third parties (for example, when you register for a site). These ads may also be based on your activities on our websites or on third party sites. This second type of advertising is called "online behavioral advertising."
You can opt-out of online behavioral advertising.
To opt out of online behavioral advertising, click here.